Friday, June 30, 2006

Long long walk

I have just been on a 2 hour long walk with Ben. I don't think it would have seemed quite so long, but we got just slightly lost at one point and it took us ages to find the right way again! It turned out that we were exactly where I'd originally thought we were, only I thought we were at the other side (it was a farm). A mistake which could have taken a long time to rectify, but thankfully didn't.
Aside from walking and completely blackening my feet, I have done little this past week except for watching Wimbledon! I do have quite a lot of work considering we've only just finished our exams, but a lot of our teachers are quite busy so they're cancelling lessons. I didn't have to go in until one on Wednesday and went home at twelve today. Woohoo!
Yesterday I went to a Bristol open day. I have no desire whatsoever to go to Bristol, but the school took all of us who wanted to go, so I just went along for the ride. I did very little though, really. My friend Leonie and I looked around the accommodation, which was absolutely, totally and utterly foul. I didn't want to touch a single thing in case I became contaminated. The self-catering was a lot better than the other, but still I would never, ever live there. We then walked into town by a very circular route and went to Starbucks to have a frappuccino (delicious but very expensive). After a while we wandered back by a far more direct route, went to a lecture on Modern Languages for about 10 minutes, then had to leave because we had to catch our coach home. The journey was 2 hours each way so it took ages. So, a very fruitful day really! Leonie and I going to Cambridge together next week though, which should be fun. (I found out today that we've just missed the Oxford open days, which is very annoying. They were yesterday and the day before. Grr.)
I also went to see the Larkins' new baby yesterday, who is so cute! The Shaws and Joneses have also both had little girls now, so soon there will be an influx of little girls at church. It will be lovely when they all come to creche.
I am going to Vertigo tomorrow, which is a collaboration of churches around Oxford's youth work, and they're combining it with The Noise, which is a sort of good works thingamabob. So we'll be doing things like gardening, going to old peoples homes, etc. It should be really good fun actually. And I've found out that they're showing the football, so it's all good!