Friday, February 16, 2007

One Big Weekend

OK, I am quite impressed - it has only just been over a week since I posted. Two posts in a week is unbelievable!
I am not going to bother writing lots about my birthday meal because you can read it on Mim's blog, but we had a really lovely time on Saturday night; thank you all for coming!
Since then I have been to One Big Weekend, which is the OCC youth weekend away. The name irritates me quite a lot, because we go from Sunday evening until Wednesday morning, so it's not really a weekend at all! I did suggest we change the name to One Big Half a Week, but I was outvoted!
It was a really good time actually; the atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxed and everyone got on well together. We also had a really good time God-wise, so that was encouraging. It was nice to see so many people that I haven't seen in ages - in particular current or ex-King's Schoolers with whom I've sort of lost contact.
I got back on Wednesday afternoon (we got quite lost going there and back, so the journeys took about twice as long as they should have done, but never mind!) and then mum and dad left for Carcassonne in France at about 3am on Thursday. Needless to say I didn't get up to wave them off. So now I am looking after Ben until Sunday, which is not exactly difficult (and even if it were he has rehearsals for most of this week). I am currently debating whether I have the energy to walk into Botley to do the shopping, or whether I should send him off with a list instead. Hmm.